The Wayne County Sheriff’s Department exists to assure a safe environment for our community and an excellent quality of life. We provide a substantial level of services directed in a civil and respectful manner for the protection of lives, property, and welfare of our citizens and visitors.
- To serve and enforce all orders of the Wayne County Court of Common Pleas.
- To provide security and protection for the Court of Common Pleas and court related functions.
- To provide courthouse policing throughout the courthouse complex.
- To transport prisoners to and from county, state and federal institutions for court appearances.
- To keep the peace in the county.
- To arrest violators of the law and fugitives.
- To assist other law enforcement agencies in the county as requested or in periods of emergency.
- To serve Criminal and Domestic bench warrants.
- To serve and enforce protection from abuse orders
- To enforce child custody orders.
- To conduct levies, sales of personal property and real estate.
- To issue concealed weapons permits and licenses to sell firearms.
- To serve all types of civil process.
- To perform other duties as required by the Court of Common Pleas and the County Commissioners.